Pomelo Projects

  

Thursday 19 April 2012

Brioche

There’s something about brioche which really dings my dong – like croissants but without all that irritating flakiness. Not that I would ever put down a croissant (literally and metaphorically). This recipe by Dan Lepard for the Guardian worked brilliantly. It was so fun to do and the end result was the most divine buttery loaf, with a texture somewhere between bread and cake, and a little denser than a shop bought brioche.

A few comments…

1) Dan says that this will make two large loaves, but I only had one loaf tin so I loaded in all my dough and made one really large one. It worked fine.

2) I dread to think what the calorie content of this brioche is. It contains An. Entire. Pat. Of. Butter.

3) Of course, the ideal thing is to have the brioche ready for breakfast but that would involve getting up at about five in the morning which I’m not sure is very realistic. For that reason doing it in one day is probably better. And to get that fresh out of the oven feeling microwaving a slice for 15 seconds worked for me.

The recipe in pictures...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment